Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone have the 1.0 map files anywhere? (And some memories I guess)

Go down

Does anyone have the 1.0 map files anywhere? (And some memories I guess) Empty Does anyone have the 1.0 map files anywhere? (And some memories I guess)

Post by SuperSonic2002 Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Man, I can't believe I'm still able to get into this account after 11 years of not being on these forums. Have to say it's a little hard looking back at my account and seeing all the memories and childish things I was doing. World really was a different place. Hope those of you who still poke in are doing well.

I'm back around here today since I wanted to try and get the world download again since I happened to stop by while it still worked some years back, got it, and have since lost the copy I had. I know it's probably a bit of a lost cause, with the community being basically dead for years now and the file being like 100GB or something to that effect, but I figured I'd at least try. If nothing else, I get to say hello to some people I haven't gotten to see in years.

I got drawn back here after a little moment I had last night in bed at like 2AM, realizing part of the reason I loved this server so much. Something I probably couldn't have put into words years ago. The job plugin letting you get experience and money for doing different tasks like mining and farming, and being able to use that money to get hard to obtain materials and blocks from other players was so simple in concept but man it did wonders. The server was able to feel like a real community, working together and sharing things we built. I think what really added to it though was being able to buy plots in town and buying warps. You could buy a plot in town to make a build to impress people or set up a shop of your own, or buy a warp command and build your own town and form your own little sub-community. It kinda feels like it's just some childish nostalgia making me think it was something more special than it was, but I really do think that's what set this server apart and why there's still this tiny community that wants to relive those days.

I've never been great at conveying things but I think I've got what I wanted to across, at least in some amount. Again, if any of you happen to have the world files stored somewhere, please let me know. I'd love to keep them for myself and hopefully keep them archived somewhere that they won't be lost again. I'd say just drop a link in a reply, but chances are I'm gonna have forgotten about this by the time someone comes around. I don't love sharing it, but my Discord is terravin if any of you want to get my attention. There's not a massive community left here by the looks so I'm not worried about getting swarmed. Just make sure you mention you're messaging me because of this post, or I'll probably block on sight. Nothing personal, but I get enough scam DM's on there that I tend to ignore any messages that're just "hey" and the like.

Again, hope you're all doing well and that life's been kind to you!
SuperSonic2002
SuperSonic2002
Novice
Novice

Status : Finally Knows how To Swim! (Real Life Not Minecraft Or I Would Be Stupid)

Back to top Go down