Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)!

3 posters

Go down

UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)! Empty UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)!

Post by JoKeR5o9 Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:23 pm

Ok so as most of you have probably heard, we need donations -_- now at first you might be thinking "why would i donate to some random dude on the internet?" and i dont blame you for thinking that, but in reality you are not donating to me, first of all let me explain what the donations are used for, dedicated servers. what are dedicated servers? well if your experienced with the internet at all you should know that a host is what brings a certain amount of people together, now hosting is not simple, you cant have one million people in a server for a reason, because it takes what is referred to as bandwidth, bandwidth is not unlimited its sort of like a room, depending on how big the room is, its the amount of people that will fit in that room, our dedicated host which costs exactly 35 U.S dollars a month is built recommended to hold 34 people at once, i have it set at 32 because companies often recommend their max to attract more customers, so why cant i pay for this myself? well in reality im just a random dude who isnt even 18 yet so i dont exactly have a job and my main focus is school, i just happen to have started this server for fun with friends then we expanded to what we are now, since we started to grow i payed one month out of my Christmas money to run my server on a dedicated host because previously i hosted the server from my laptop and my internet and well both my laptop and internet are not built to host a very big server, we only got to about 10 people on the server then it got really laggy and stuff so a dedicated server is very much needed anyway i payed that one month of hosting because i thought "well maybe if i have it up for a month people will realize its a great server and they will want to keep it running by donating" unfortunately we haven't had anyone donate at all Sad considering most of our supporters are younger i can see why we dont get donators, but if all you need is encouragement think of it this way, you have to pay for entertainment all over the place these days, you go to the movies? bamm! pay, go to the fair/carnival? bamm! pay, watch tv? rent movies? etc you have to pay for all that entertainment, so if this server is loads of entertainment for you why not donate?

now the fact that we need 35$ right now for another month of hosting doesn't mean that we just have to raise 35 and that's it, we have to keep raising money month after month, all of the donations that get raised are all staying on one PayPal used to pay for the server so lets say someone donates 45 dollars right now, that doesn't mean those 10 extra dollars go to me, that means those 10 extra dollars go for next months payment, i will not take any money for myself from the donations pretty much

Also Important note: I have decided to make it so that if you donate $5 or more you get VIP which allows you to spawn unlimited items
JoKeR5o9
JoKeR5o9
Glow Level
Glow Level

Status : Space is weird, i mean just think about it sometime....

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)! Empty Re: UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)!

Post by Nate346 Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:28 pm

me and my brother Trenton101 will try to donate at least 50 dollars will that give us both vip?
Nate346
Nate346
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)! Empty donations

Post by jeonglee Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:56 pm

i will donate $10 a month to help keep the server running from Feb 4

jeonglee
Maeestro
Maeestro

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)! Empty Re: UPDATE ON WHY WE NEED DONATIONS (READ)!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down